Data and Analytics Trends for 2020September 7, 2020
Analyze, Plan and PredictSeptember 7, 2020
Is a form of business intelligence in which line-of-business professionals are enabled and encouraged to perform queries and generate reports on their own, with nominal IT support. Self-service is often characterized by simple-to-use BI tools with basic analytic capabilities and an underlying data model that has been simplified or scaled down for ease of understanding and straightforward data access.
- It improves flexibility and agility within the business departments by providing user independence.
- IT departments are not overloaded in data requests or drowned in information.
- IT department can focus more on value-added tasks and help the organization with a higher degree of expertise from their department.
- Tackle business problems at the right time with self-service BI’s flexibility. The flexibility it offers to the users with the information is precious.
- With ad-hoc reporting, reports and dashboards, once can take decisions time specifically.
- Make quicker decisions based on data and compete with your competition in the forefront.
- IT is relieved of the tedious changing requests that come from various departments.
- Quick insights and data discovery are the primary mottoes of self-service business intelligence. It brings all the power to the users.
is part of SAP BusinessObjects product suite and is the most powerful reporting tool to create reports on the fly (ad-hoc reporting). Through ad-hoc reporting, you can analyze a specific business question that you had not previously thought of and that your existing report is not capable of answering.
By the way, ad-hoc, which has its origins in Latin, means “For this” and it refers to a task done for a specific reason. Ad-Hoc reporting, then, means creating reports for specific occasion.
|Web Intelligence 4.2