Differences between SAP HANA and SAP HANA 2.0August 18, 2020
SAP BW/4HANA – The Next Generation Data WarehouseAugust 25, 2020
- SAP Analytics Cloud will be SAP’s primary solution for data discovery moving forward. New data discovery investments will be focused on SAP Analytics Cloud, where you can discover, analyze, plan, predict, and collaborate in one seamless experience that integrates with both on premise and cloud-based data sources and applications.
- These product roadmap updates reflect SAP’s commitment to ongoing simplification of our analytics portfolio, as frequently requested by our customers, and to provide one solution for all analytics to accelerate the delivery of innovation in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Customers of SAP Lumira who are live or planning to go live can continue to do so knowing that SAP is committed to their success with future releases focusing on quality, performance, and customer driven improvements.
- SAP Lumira Designer remains the primary solution for application design with continued innovation and investment. In parallel, SAP is adding the application design use case to the SAP Analytics Cloud roadmap in H1, 2018.
- SAP has recently extended support for SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.2 by two years with Priority 1 support now ending December 31, 2024.
- SAP Analytics Cloud brings data discovery directly to trusted data sources on premise and cloud such as SAP BW/4HANA, SAP BusinessObjects Universes, SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and the SAP Cloud Platform itself—without moving, caching or persisting any part or portion of the data into the cloud.
- SAP supports hybrid scenarios for analytics content with SAP Analytics Hub, which provides a searchable catalog for all analytics content allowing customers to bring together all analytic assets whether on premise or cloud, including SAP or third-party content.
- SAP’s commitment to hybrid scenarios goes beyond technology with a Cloud Extension Policy to transition maintenance of unused software licenses into cloud subscription licenses, and a pilot for hybrid subscriptions which is underway with general availability for customers planned for H2, 2018.